cchandel 1) An option to subscribe to daily thought for the day emailed from the site to registered user
This is doable. I'll add this subscription feature to the user's profile. For now, should I activate this automatically?
So, I'll setup thought in a way where a number of thoughts can be added - and a new one is set on the site daily and emailed to registered users.
2) Option to subscribe to weekly email of an article from sphulinga
This is a problem currently, since the sphulinga magazines are pdf's made using scanned images. Extracting images is relatively easy - but someone will need to check page numbers, legibility etc.
Of course, if these get converted to text - in the long term - then they become searchable and articles can be extracted too.
I'm willing to do the OCR for all these, but proof reading and formatting will need more people's effort.
3) Ability to pay using PayPal - in Us more ppl have paypal. If Payumoney is more popular in India then no problem
Papal is expensive. Their charges are :-
Transaction volumes (monthly) | Cost
|Up to $3,000 USD |4.4 % + fixed fee|
|$3,000.01 USD - $10,000 USD | 3.9% + fixed fee |
Payu charges flat 2% (no additional fees) and we can hopefully get them to go lower if we have reasonable volumes - showing we're a charity. Also, international credit cards are usable on all payment gateway transactions - so online transactions shouldn't be difficult for anyone anywhere.
However, if people in the US and other countries are more comfortable using paypal and paying the higher charges, we can integrate with paypal also.
4) Shopping cart to display number of items already in it while we browse the store
The shoppoing cart already exists - clicking on the cart tab on top will take you to it. I'll start showing the quantity of items in the cart alongside the cart icon on all pages.
5) Reading challenges on the site wherein any 1 book is made available for 1 week and Sadhakas are challenged to read it during that week
Can you elaborate on the workflow? Will these be paid / free books?
We'll need someone to manage this.
As above, we can setup competition details and ability to upload entries, judge scores etc. But we'll need someone to manage these competitions.
7) Poetry Submissions - A number of Sadhakas are budding poets and this will encourage them. Sri Ashok Vyas can be asked to commit to submitting 1 poem every week so you atleast have something new in that area every week. He has a niyam that he writes every morning so we should be able to convince him.
:-) @Ashok Ji is in for lots of work. We've been thinking of roping him in for the newsletter also.
Sure, I can add a poetry module.
Could you elaborate on the workflow? I can think of people submitting poems, and they being shown on the section, with search and attribution. Anything else?
8) Samvit Samvaad Radio where ppl can listen to bhajans for 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evening and a Pravachan for 1 hr in the afternoon that's repeated at night before bedtime
This is also doable technically, but will need effort in terms of content creation, selection and streaming management.
Plus - we might need lots more network bandwidth at the server - something I'll need to figure out.
Perhaps we can rope in Ashok Ji for this as well ;-)
9) Here some offices temporarily activate a widget (I think that's what it's called) on which employees can record the number of steps they took in a day. Then they see who took maximum steps and award that person. Maybe we can have challenges like that for meditation minutes? or even just number of steps taken ! Physical fitness is important for mental fitness
Measuring steps is simpler with the usage of any of the numerous bands available in the market. How do we measure meditation time?
Technically feasible if we can get the time in a fair manner.